Please watch the following Harvest Hope Orientation Video before signing waiver so you will be prepared to volunteer:
Harvest Hope Food Bank Volunteer Agreement
• All volunteer work must be pre-scheduled. If you are unable to make your scheduled shift, please call us as soon as possible. Please note, if you are a no-call, no-show three times or more, we reserve the right to no longer schedule you to volunteer.
• It is critical to our operations to have accurate headcounts for groups. Please ensure you are giving the volunteer department at least a three day notice if your group number changes by more than two people.
2. Age Limits
• Minimum age limits for volunteers is eleven years old for the food bank. Some areas within the food bank might have higher age limits.
• You MUST wear FLAT, CLOSED toe shoes ONLY.
• Wear comfortable, casual, layered clothing you do not mind getting dirty. You might be in a very hot (un-air conditioned warehouse) or very cold area (cold room).
• No short shorts, dresses or skirts, tube tops, tank tops, or baggy pants.
• No clothing or jewelry with inappropriate content (references to alcohol, drugs, politics, profanity, sex, or other inappropriate words, etc.)
4. Food Policy
• You may not eat any Harvest Hope food. Only closed clear water bottles are allowed in packing room and warehouse areas. You may have lunch or snacks in the breakroom only.
5. Behavior and Safety
• All volunteers must watch the orientation video and sign the waiver. Group leaders must ensure their group follows all rules. Group leaders must participate in volunteer activity with the group.
• Workplace Harassment:
• Harassment is not permitted. Harassment is any unwelcome conduct based on race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran, or disability status. If an individual believes that they have experienced or witnessed harassment, they should report it. Violations of this policy will result in termination of volunteer activities.
• Civil Rights: USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
• We follow the USDA Nondiscrimination policy outlined here: https://www.harvesthope.org/programs/usda-commodities. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. Violations of this policy will result in termination of volunteer activities.
• Violence, harassing behavior, or rude or offensive speech or profanity are not allowed.
• Never touch pallet jacks or forklifts or any other heavy machinery.
• Volunteers must follow safety guidelines outline in the orientation at all times including the following: no horse play or running, no climbing or sitting on food product, do not use knives, box cutters, headphones or phones.
• Volunteers must keep names and personal information of Harvest Hope’s clients and donors confidential.
• Please do not bring valuable items to the food bank. We have very small lockers to store your personal items. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
• Your picture might be taken for promotional materials or media purposes. If you do not want to be included in any filming or photography please remove yourself from that area.
Volunteer Waiver: I do hearby release, waive and discharge Harvest Hope Food Bank and its employees, Board of Directors, Volunteers, and associated agents from any loss, liability, rights, claims and damages to person or property. I understand that there are certain risks associated with Harvest Hope Food Bank activities and I assume all risks associated therewith. By signing the waiver below, I the Volunteer and, if applicable, the parent/guardian, have read and understood the liability waiver and agree to follow all guidelines outlined in the orientation video and this waiver. I give Harvest Hope Food Bank first responders permission to provide First Aid and CPR to me and to secure emergency medical treatment for me or my child who under 18 years of age.