Volunteer Opportunities

Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Harvest Hope Food Bank! Before you complete your volunteer application and waiver, you must first watch the required  orientation video.  An application and waiver must be completed and signed for each volunteer, and if the volunteer is younger than 18 years of age, must be signed by the parent or legal guardian.    Once you complete the application and video, you will be able to see opportunities available.

We look forward to working with you.  if you have further questions after you have watched the volunteer orientation, please contact one of our volunteer coordinators at the appropriate branch.
For information regarding our Columbia locations, please contact Kara Hernandez at khernandez@harvesthope.org or Elizabeth Williams at ewilliams@harvesthope.org. For information regarding our Greenville location, please contact Tanya Yachaina at tyachaina@harvesthope.org.


USDA Non-Discrimination Statement:  In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)  mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3)        email: program.intake@usda.gov.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.